What is an Associate Membership at HILR?
In 2015, HILR launched a pilot program to accommodate those who are not (or not yet) in a position to take our courses, but who wish to participate in our rich extracurricular programming. HILR offers lecture series and concerts featuring professional faculty and artists. Member-run special interest groups stage dramatic productions; run poetry readings and foreign language tables; and organize trips from the local to the international. While Associates do not take or lead study groups, they are welcome to participate in these other activities, joining a vibrant community of semi-retired and retired professionals from a wide range of fields including medicine; law; business; education; engineering; journalism; and the arts. During the academic year, you will receive regular notifications of events available to Associates.
How do I apply for Associate Membership?
The application deadline for the 2016-17 academic year is September 30, 2016, or until capacity has been reached. Please contact the HILR office for an update about available spaces for the current academic year before applying. To apply, you will download the Application for Associate Membership, complete and save the file, then e-mail it as an attachment to Steven Leon (email@example.com). Your application will be reviewed and an interview arranged.
We regret that handwritten applications cannot be accepted.
What are the Benefits of Associate Membership?
- Fridays@HILR weekly lecture series (Friday mornings)
- Economic Forum weekly lecture series (Friday afternoons)
- Distinguished Speaker Series (weekday afternoons)
- Current Event Presentations (mid-week mornings, January and June)
- Brown Bag lunches (mid-week 12 noon–1:00 pm)
- Social events
- Travel Groups
- Special Interest Groups (drama, poetry; music, environmental issues, outings)
- Enrollment (for an additional tuition fee) in January Intersession mini-courses offered by outside faculty